Date: October 15, 2022
Time: 2:09 pm - 2:41 pm
Climate conditions: Sunny with 17mph winds
Temperature: 49°F
Length of day: 7:57am-7:01pm
Changes I saw: I noticed the change of the colors of the trees drastically since the last time I visited and the temperature has definitely dropped.
Questions: Does the change of the temperature and seasons effect the organic material at all? I also could not locate the exact 1st plant I was measuring the organic material of so I chose the same type of plant but not the exact one. So I wonder, what happened to the other plant that I was measuring?
Awe & Stewardship reflection: I think that it is incredible how just over the course of a few weeks that the leaves have all of a sudden changed. God has given Michigan such beautiful seasons that we get to experience and see with our own eyes. We take for granted sometimes the Earth we live on but I think it is truly wonderful the seasons He has provided. And I definitely notice it more during the switch of the seasons. You even start to smell Fall outside when you are out in nature, which is so amazing how that switch just all of a sudden happened!
Pictures of the spot:
Pictures of the plants:
Picture of organic material collected:
Fantastic pics! Be watching for patterns in the color change/leaf fall. Totally agree with your awe and stewardship! Bonus if you figure out what "fall smell" really is. Just post with your resources with your next field visit.
ReplyDelete